Welcome to the County of Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS), RFA Conversion fact sheet.
The benefits of RFA include:
- A streamlined approval process which eliminates the duplication of previous processes.
- Unifies approval standards for all caregivers, regardless of the child’s case plan.
- Prepares families to better meet the needs of vulnerable children in the foster care system.
- Allows seamless transition to permanency. Once RFA approved the caregiver can pursue legal guardianship or adoption without needing another home study.
- Allows approved relatives/NREFMs to care for children who are not related to them.
See here for a brochure about the Resource Family Approval (RFA) process process for existing caregivers.